Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not Blogging, Just Theorizing

I have taken some time off from blogging because school has started.  I am taking Music Theory III at SUNY Adirondack (aka Adirondack Community College).  The first day it seemed impossible that I could recover what I learned last year, but it is coming.  I still think that with two years of music theory I will begin to become dangerous -- musically.

Now I am working on scaler variant triads of melodic minor chords and Modal Borrowing (known to the cognicenti as M.B.) which are major key variants taken from parallel minor keys. Whew. Y’all got that, right?

I have to learn to use this Sibelius 6 that I scored cheap last term....  It would be fun to transcribe something for concert band that hasn’t been done before.  Hm.   Like a medley of peace and anti-war songs....   Or some Phillip Glass....  Or just some good big band jazz....

No comments: